Inspiration

Something I've learned is highly important to do as a photographer and artist is to find inspiration. I learned early on while studying graphic design how important research is. I spend most of my spare time simply looking at great design or photography. You can even ask Jared! Every time he sneaks a peak at what I'm doing I've found some new photographer or some great design. I love that I'm slowly rubbing off on him. He is becoming almost as much as a critic as me! Today he even shielded my eyes so that I didn't have to look at something designed in papyrus. He gets me.

I think every now and again I'll show you an artist that inspires me. This is one of my favorites, Brooke Davis from Blush Photography.  I love how beautifully she captures the true essence of those she shoots. That's what makes her a favorite. Her pictures are truly works of art.

Sometimes I think people forget that photography is indeed art. It takes practice, research, and a knowledge of basic principals. You can't just pick up a camera and call yourself a photographer like so many do. There is so much more too it. These images prove that.



























Anyone looking for some great inspiration should check out her blog! She is brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment